If you missed the livestream of the raffle drawing and explanation of the funds raised, that is available here. This post is simply a recap of what I said during the livestream.
First things first, I'll cover the amount of money raised. Over the course of about a month, we were able to raise a total of $453, enough to cover about four months of hosting. (note: in the stream, I forgot to add the PP tickets into the total—this new total reflects those donations, as well) This is much more than we'd expected to raise, which is wonderful. Within the next several weeks, the staff and community will be thinking up many more ideas for future fundraising events, but this amount will keep the site afloat for almost half a year more as it is. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for your generosity towards and support of Otome Jikan. This website would not exist without all of you pushing it along.
Of that $453, $298—roughly 66%—of it came out of the raffle tickets. The remaining $155—about 34%—came from a few incredibly giving donators. There was one donator in particular, highever (rest of the email address truncated for privacy), who donated a whopping $110, singlehandedly funding a whole month's worth of posts. If there is ever anything we can do for you as the Otome Jikan staff, please let us know. We were all floored by your generosity.
After all the cuts from the payment processors, that $453 becomes $416.74, which is still a very respectable amount of money! The last-minute donations made today pushed us over the $400 mark, which is a solid four months of hosting.
In the future, we'd like to experiment with different and more creative fundraising methods (or come up with a way for the site to be self-sustaining), but if we do a raffle again, one thing I want to do for sure is add a field in the form for the donators' names so we can thank them properly instead of putting up censored email addresses...
Following some suggestions, a donate link has been added to the site's sidebar in case anyone would like to donate during the next four months.
Here are the winners of the raffle:
Seventh Heaven CD: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Desert Kingdom Portable: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dot Kareshi: email@example.com
If one of those email addresses looks like yours, please check your inbox! Since the email subject does contain "you've won", the message may be caught by your email service's spam filter. Please make sure that you received it properly, if not then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Congratulations on winning!
Once again, thank you so very much for your generous donations and support!