this is a private post just for editors/contributors /o/NEW NOTE: We have just installed a new plug-in that notifies the Editors when a post is in the queue, so we're instantly alerted once you've finished a post. You will be notified by email once your post is published. If your post requires some additional clarification, is in the wrong format, or otherwise requires more than just a little tweaking from the Editor, it will be moved back to the drafts and you will receive an email notification. The editor who went over your post will have edited it with a note telling you what needs to be done for it to be published, so make sure read their words carefully if that happens and make the necessary changes.
This should not happen too often—right now we're just working out the kinks as far as review formats go, so we ask for your patience during this time.
A few things to note for when you're making a new post (also remember you can save drafts of your posts and work on it/preview it just like you can on Tumblr):
- make sure your post is in the right category/categories
- tag your posts~ put the name of the game (romanized English), the name of the company, and the name(s) of relevant seiyuu (surname first, just to be consistent)
- make sure you give your post a featured image! it's kind of like a preview image or an image that represents your post. if you go to the lower right, there's a "set featured image" link where you can do that
Don't worry if you mess up or make a mistake! Things are pretty easy to edit in WordPress and there's so many people here that everyone's got you covered. /o/ Umm also if you click the very last button in the post toolbar (the one that looks like a bunch of squares, that opens up more options~ /o/ And if you click the "text" tab you can edit the actual code or whatever instead of using the visual text editor. If you click on the little mask icon next to the sink button (the aforementioned squares) you can also access a bunch of nifty shortcodes! Preview your post a couple of times and experiment with different styles to get something that looks nice.
If you're going to be making posts, you might want to fill in your profile, since a little blurb about the author(s) will show up next to every post. That's also the page where you can upload an avatar and set your display name.
FOR POSTING REVIEWS
- we have posted a game review template for the sake of making things a bit easier for everyone. the code for that template is here. that is the raw code, so you'll want to switch to the Text tab, paste that in, and then switch back to the Visual tab when making your post.
- because drama CDs and anime/manga are a bit more subjective in terms of what you can score, we haven't created a template for those reviews yet; for now, just use your best judgment
- reviews should be less like summaries and more like proper reviews
- feel free to link to your more detailed posts on your actual blog from your Otome Jikan review
- if your post ends up with a longer plot summary, the summary (aside from the general synopsis) should go under a toggle shortcode so that readers can prevent being spoiled
- more than one person can review the same game! it's great to get different perspectives on things~
FOR POSTING EDITORIALS
- as long as your post is an opinion or humor or meta piece that is related to otome games, it's fine
- use your best judgment here as far as topics go, haha but I know you guys are all awesome and won't post stupid things like "TODAY IN CLASS MY SUBSTITUTE TEACHER LOOKED LIKE KOUTAROU KYAA"
- editorials should be at least 500 words long
- if your editorial makes reference to or contains images of violence/sex, be sure to tag it as "mature content"
- you can put your editorial in the "featured" category if it's fairly lengthy; just use your best judgment on that, too
FOR POSTING NEWS
- drama CDs are a-ok!
- any sort of news is fine, but don't put them in the "featured" category unless they are kind of big (like a translation of an interview or something from B's log, etc)
- little updates like "the Ken ga Kimi website put up new voice samples!" are just fine, too, just don't flood the site with them